Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Something as simple as water...

I recently had the chance to serve the homeless people at one of the soup kitchens in Mesa. What a humbling experience it was. When I was ready to leave I asked what were some of their needs.... They said that they were almost out of water , and if there was one thing I could help them with , it would be water. I asked them how much they needed ... he said  "a lot , like 50 cases" I told him I had a lot of good friends and that I would bring him 200 cases . As I left there I thought to myself how would it be to carry every thing you owned in a back back... to go to a soup kitchen to eat every meal ...and to have such a need for something as simple as water. It made me cry ( I seem to do that easily :) )  This past week has been nothing short of incredible.... I asked some pretty amazing people if they would help me .... and they all did .  How did I get so lucky to have such great people in my life . The night before I promised them I would bring them , I was 8 cases short , I thanked my Father in Heaven that night for all the people that helped me to get the water , and asked that I would have the opportunity to try again . The next morning I had 2 cases sitting on my door step , then about an hour later 6 more showed up .... Holy cow , this was it ..the hundred cases I told them I would bring . I got a text about 30 minutes later from one of my best friends in the world . He said " I left you 10 cases of water on your front porch" . I am thankful that not only did we all make something happen... but when we pull together we do beyond sometimes what is asked . I am grateful for service , I am grateful that there are times like this that I get a glimpse of the hearts of others .  I am thankful for a Father in Heaven that has blessed this girl with some incredible friends and truly a "WONDERFUL LIFE".     

No comments:

Post a Comment