Sunday, May 22, 2011

Have I taught them?

Wow , what an eternal blessing, to have 3 wonderful kids . I am Humbled to have the great call of being their Mother . I am Humbled by their sweet spirits that teach me truth in my life . Sometime as parents I think we look at our children when they are grown and hope and pray we have taught them enough , and often I believe they teach us . I believe they bring into our lives some of the sweetest tender mercies of the Lord . The Lord has said that unless we become as a child we shall not enter into the Kingdom of God . I believe that as we allow ourselves to learn from them we can become like them. I love the humbleness of their hearts . I love being a Mom ! I shared my testimony with Baxter and what a cute boy he was to share his with me . These are the moments we live for . I have always had a special place in my heart for those who are not as fortunate as most all of us are . I have always tried to teach my kids that the Lord has not asked us, but has commanded us to help those in need . Have I taught them to love and to serve one another? Have I taught them what the Lord want's them to know ? Over the past month or so we have a homeless man that we go looking for at night to take him dinner , hopefully he was ok with my cooking , and with the cooks at McDonalds , Filaberto's , Jack In The Box , Burgerking and so on....We loved taking him dinner . He was so excited to see us(usually me and Baxter) each time we came he would ask "For me?"  I came home one night and said  "I can not find our homeless man?"  (yes I feel bad I don't know his name)  Kustome said "don't worry Mom  , I already took him food".  That was the last time we saw him . I am so grateful and feel blessed to have children who will serve other's . I am humbled by those who are in my life that continue to show service in all that they do . What greater gift can we give to another than to serve them .I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ which allows me to have , This Wonderful Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment