Thursday, May 12, 2011

I just wanted to tell you I love you

Mom was gone...my sisters gone...my brothers where not there. I was alone.
"I am going to go check on dad" was all I could seem to say...I wasn't feeling good that day and Rob told me "no, you need to take a nap, and then you can go check on your dad".I was pregnant with Breck and was having a hard time for some reason so I decided I would take a nap. When I woke up I seemed to float down the stairs, not really feeling like I was there, It was hard to breath, the room seemed like the fog had rolled in. I could not get out of the house fast enough. as I drove to mom and dad's I said a prayer on the way. I asked "please just let me tell him I love him"...I didn't know why I was feeling the way I was , I just knew I wanted him to know I loved him. As I drove up to the house the front light was still on. I went to go inside and the door was locked. I prayed that he just wasn't there , I wanted him to still be at work. I walked thru the back gate and went to his open window where I looked in. oh, there you are I thought. He lay in his bed as still as could be, he had a smile on his face. I said "dad you scared me".He never said a word..."dad".."dad".."Dad! listen to me"! He wasn't going to answer me back. But I needed him to...I yelled as loud as I could "DAD".."I need to tell you I love you". I ran to the neighbors and told her "go inside and get my dad" she went to the window and and went inside. As she walked out the front door tears streamed down her face. "your dad is gone", she said.How could he be gone? He told me to come over , he was supposed to be there...And now how was I ever going to let him know that I loved him? I sat outside their house and waited for the paramedics to come, I couldn't go inside. There I was, all alone. Why did he have to leave?  Every girl needs their dad. We need to know they love us, and most especially we want them to know we love them. I never got to tell him that day I loved him. Time has passed and I love him more . I am grateful for the things he taught me. I am grateful that I will see him again. I do know he heard me that day. I know when I thought I was all alone he was there. I know Families are Forever. I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ that allows me to have this Wonderful Life

No comments:

Post a Comment