Sunday, October 27, 2013

What matters most....

Holy Moly.....time to take a deep breath and regroup....Have you ever had those moments when you feel like the whole world is crashing in around you , and that you can hardly breathe ?  It seems as though my life is often going from fire to fire....Just when I think I have put out the flames and take an ever so needed deep breath another fire starts to burn. Reflecting back on the last week there have been moments where I just have to cry ,  and I have to admit I have even asked  "why me?"  I really need to quit having these "Pity Parties"  , because undoubtedly I am the only one invited !! And who wants to go to a party where not only are you the host , the caterer , the guest of honor , but you are also the clean-up crew :) I have so much to be grateful for, and am thankful for the sweet tender reminders how blessed I am. Amidst all the heartache , the tears , the sleepless nights ..... There are those moments that stop me dead in my tracks and remind me how truly blessed I am . I have 3 kids , and an amazing son-in-law that give me gray hairs , but give me the biggest smile a mom could wish for , a sweet guy that listens to me cry , makes me laugh harder than I have ever laughed , and melts my heart when he calls me Darlin' .... I get to work with some pretty incredible men , and I am so blessed to have the family and friends that I do.  So I decided to re-ask that question that I have been asking this past week....And instead of asking "Why me?" I will instead say with conviction,  Why not me.  I can do this . I am grateful for a God that loves his children . I am grateful for his son Jesus Christ ,  who through him we can magnify ourselves and make weak things strong. How often I forget what matters most , and those are the relationships that we build with others.... the stuff that we have or don't have is just "stuff" , but the relationships we are blessed with go on forever . I once heard that when we come to the end of our life we will not utter the words I wish I had a bigger house , a nicer car , I wish I had worked more at my job , that I had cleaned my house more ..... Instead we might hear , I wish I had spent more time with my children , my family .....my friends , I wish I had taken more time to kiss someone softly on the cheek , wipe away a tear , tell someone how incredibly amazing they are , and just to simply love someone for exactly who they are . I know without any doubt that despite the trails that come my way ,  that are sometimes harder than I think I can handle , ALWAYS have a silver lining....the key is to find it , hold on to it tight .....because that might just be the moment that gets you through the next "Why me" so you can say "why not me..I can do this!"  How humbled I am to have this "WONDERFUL LIFE" .


  

No comments:

Post a Comment