Saturday, October 1, 2011

White shirts and Ties...Fathers and sons...love it!

I love love girls night out...but my favorite are the ones we do the night the men have Priesthood. This year was kind of different because Breck wasn't  here..so bitter sweet were my thoughts. There is nothing more humbling than seeing all the dads out with their son's. That is what makes this girls night one of the best. I love that we see this twice a year. This year we were in Gilbert, instead of Queen Creek...most of the girls were from Gilbert, so they won! and Red Robin it was. So fun to have good friends to laugh with and share life with. I am grateful we have the gospel that brings us together. I am in awe to simply see these men who chose to go and listen to our Prophet. I have often wondered if they ever know how much it means to the women, that they go. This year is different in so many ways, all of the kids are in Utah spending time with their dad. I had no white shirts to iron, no suits to pick up from the cleaners..no collars to straighten...no white shirts or ties. I am grateful though for all the years that I did get to iron the shirts, and straighten the ties, because those moments truly were part of my WONDERFUL LIFE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment